Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good morning to all of you! It has been busy here at the Triple Nickel Ranch. In my last edition, I spoke of my hubby Bo being up at Rob's loading some young bulls to bring back home. He had stopped off at Casey and Rickey Norcutts place to buck them, and see what kind of prospects we had going. I told Bo I was getting a brand made up. It is a bar with BQ under it. If they don't buck, they get that brand. Some of these bulls were really young, but might just get that brand next time out. If you breed bucking bulls, you know what I mean! Hubby looks like he had a knock down drag out with some of them, which is just what happened! We have a few ornie ones in the bunch. One will bluff you, but the other is going over the fence with you. Lil bugger. He is 2, and huge already.

We have a bull that has been to some Enterprise and Discovery PBR events. He is doing well. We call him Soap on a Rope. Donnie Gay thought that was a funny name, and wondered who named him. Hubby did. It was appropriate. Those cowbows get hung on him, and look like soap on a rope, flopping around, hung up on him. Once our website is up and running, there will be pics. He is the bull that got this trouble started.

We sponsored a rodeo last year to have Rob come out and announce it. He is doing announcing now. He asked my husband what we really wanted to do. He told Rob, we want to get in to the bull business. We have wanted to do that for so long now. Rob sees this bull in the chutes, and gives hubby a nod. He said, that's the one. So, off we go to the races. That is Soap as we call him at home. He had Ryan Dirteater on the ground in 2 seconds at an event last year in Victoria. Every time he rides a bull this year, I always tell hubby, he didn't ride Soap last year, in a sing song tone, and a snicker. Not that I am braggin on my baby. It rally is hard to be a bull owner. What do you prefer to see, a cowboy ride your bull, or the bull win? I plead the 5th on that for now! ;)

We are headed up to Rob's to pick up some mama's and babies tomorrow. It should be an interesting day. Amusing for me.Bo and Rob are like two roosters, strutting their stuff, bickering back and forth like an old married couple. It is hilarious to hear them when they are on the phone. I just hear hubby and know they are having a boxing match. Doesn't take much to amuse me I guess. It will be a quick trip hubby says. Yeah, 8 hours there and 8 hours back. I do love it though. Nothing beats doing what you love. We were out watching the sunset a couple weeks ago. Nope, nothing like it in the world. I am blessed.

Well, kids, I will catch you on the next sunrise! Have a good day!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment